Best of Rome – Underground version
Cost of the tour
⇒ From 1 to 3 persons:
150 € totally + tickets
⇒ From 4 to 6 persons:
220 € totally + tickets
⇒ From 7 to 10 persons:
290 € totally + tickets
- skip the line included
- customer care service to help you during the booking process
- professional local and licensed English speaking guides
- duration: 3 hours
- entrance tickets cost 21 euro each
- private tours time: 10.00 and 15.00
- the tours includes (underground sites): Crypta Balbi underground, Domitian’s Stadium underground, Vicus Caprarius underground; (ground level sites) Largo Argentina ruins, Piazza Navona, Pantheon (inside, if possible), Trevi Fountain
- you can pay the tour cash at the end of the tour OR you can pay soon by credit card (important: there is a 5% extra fee on credit card payments)
- in case of credit card payments, we’ll send you via-email a safe payment request that will allow you to use your card.
Tour extended description
- Crypta Balbi Underground
More than 2000 years of lifes in the same place, layer by layer, one building over the other. Meet your friends in the ancient Crypta Balbi and go to the theater together to see an ancient Greek tragedy. Siege the Castrum Aureum fortress to defeat the enemies of your family during the Middle Ages. Live a life of meditation and praying in a Renaissance convent. Buy what you need in the small medieval and modern manifacturings producing cement, pottery, clothings and tools. The Crypta Balbi archaological area is a time-travelling experience that you will never forget.
- Domitian’s Stadium underground
Runners. Javelin- and disk-throwers. Pancratium fighters (an ancient no-rules form of wrestling). If the emperor Vespasian built the most famous stadium for gladiatorial fights (the Colosseum), his son Domitian gave to Rome a magnificent stadium a contest where ability and mind-control were as important as muscles. Today the stadium is covered by Piazza Navona, with its Baroque masterpieces. However in Rome we always find a way to get the underworld!
- Vicus Caprarius Underground
Few meters far from the super-famous Trevi Fountain you can enter an hidden underground realm made of ancient villas, water cisterns, small trasures buried to avoid Barbarians lootings. Ancient Roman coins, stautes, amphoras, marbles, latrines. Do you need anything more? A small window on ancient life, buried underneath a modern theater.
- The Best of Rome on the ground level
The walk from an underground area to anoter will allow to enjoy some of the most famous monuments of Rome: the Pantheon (with a short look inside the building if the visitors line is not too long); Piazza Navona with its palaces, churches and fountains; Trevi fountain; Largo Argentina, with its ancient temples and the place where the murder of Julius Caesar was committed.