Vatican for Kids (2 hours) Tour
Cost of the tour
⇒ From 1 to 3 persons:
150 € totally + tickets
⇒ From 4 to 6 persons:
220 € totally + tickets
⇒ From 7 to 10 persons:
290 € totally + tickets
- skip the line included
- customer care service to help you during the booking process
- professional local and licensed English speaking kids-friendly guides
- duration: 2 hours
- entrance tickets cost 21 euro (adults) or 12 euro (under 18)
- private tours time: 9.30 and 14.00
- departure times can change according to the entrance tickets availabilty
- you can pay the tour cash at the end of the tour OR you can pay soon by credit card (important: there is a 5% extra fee on credit card payments)
- in case of credit card payments, we’ll send you via-email a safe payment request that will allow you to use your card.
Vatican Museums (Pio-Clementino Museum)
Vatican Museums (Chiaramonti Museum)
Tour extended description
- The best Michelangelo ever
It seems like every school of the US, Canada, Australia, the UK had a class about Michelangelo! Kids know his name, his face, his most famous artworks better than their own parents. You will love their smiling astonished faces while they look up at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. They will call you and say “hey Mum, that’s it, I know that painting…we studied it at school!” pointing at the Making of Adam painted by Michelangelo. They will not be able to take picture of it (it’s forbidden!) but they will tell their classmate “I saw it!“.
- The three Galleries
Your kids know everything about Greek and Roman Mythology (I don’t know if it is because of their school or Percy Jackson’s movies!). Anyway, they will love the ancient statues of Venus, Diana, Apollo, Bacchus, Mercury and many others in the Gallery of Candelabra. They also know very well Jesus Christ life and this will appreciate the beauty of the Gallery of Tapestries. Finally, every kid loves Geography! They love to look for and find names on the very old maps painted on the walls of the Gallery of the Geographical Maps.
St.Peter’s Basilica and Square
- After the tour
A 2 hours tour is usually enough for your kids and we will end in the Sistine Chapel. However, in case they can make an extra effort, from there you can walk on your own (without the guide) directly to St.Peter’s Basilica and Square for a quick survey of the largest church of the world. Over there you will find again Michelangelo as scuptor (with his “Pietà“) and architect (the basilica’s Dome) and Bernini (with his “Baldacchino“, his alabaster window, his monument for Pope Alexander VII and finally his majestic architecture in St.Peter’s Square). The most resistent children will love all these things as well. And than an ice-cream to reward their patience!